The Principal invites the co-operation of
the students and their guardians in the creation and the maintenance of an
atmosphere conducive to academic and cultural development, and in upholding the
traditions of the institution. Students are especially invited to cooperate, in
their own interest with their elected Class Representative to ensure
enforcement of rules regarding discipline.
BEHAVIOURAL DISCIPLINE OR CODES OF CONDUCT IN CLASSROOM
AND COLLEGE PREMISES - DO'S AND DONT'S
- Students must be punctual and regular in
attending classes, tutorials, class tests examinations etc. Failure to obtain
the required attendance percentage, non-submission of assignments and
unjustified absence from tests /examinations will be treated as breaching the
code of conduct.
- Student must be seated in their classrooms
at the beginning of each period. They must not enter or leave the class
room without permission of the lecturer.
- Impersonation during roll call is a
- Use of Mobile Phone during class hours is
prohibited and is liable for punishment.
- Resorting to any kind of malpractice
(copying, impersonation, use of unfair means, exchanging answer-sheets) during
examinations will not be tolerated and will be dealt with severely.
- Students should carefully follow the
Notices put up on the Notice Board (both online and offline). No excuse will be
considered if Notices on the Board are ignored.
- When a lecturer is absent or is unable to
take class, students should maintain a strict order among themselves so as to
not disturb the adjoining classes. Under no circumstances should they leave the
classroom without ascertaining the relieve orders from the Staff room.
- Students are expected to treat the members
of the staff both teaching and non teaching and their fellow students with
courtesy both in and outside the College. Students shall not, by their act or
conduct, cause damage to the reputation of the institution.
- Students are expected to come to College
dressed suitably maintaining decency.
- Students must wear and display visibly
their Identity Cards at the gate while entering the College and always keep it
on your person during College hours inside the campus.
- Students are not allowed to loiter or stand
about the verandas or corridors of the College during class hours.
- When assembled every class must consider
itself responsible for the conduct of its members.
- Students are forbidden from inviting
friends from other institutions and outsiders to the College.
- No posters are to be pasted or fixed with
cellotape anywhere on the College walls. Any writing, scribbling on the walls
will attract disciplinary measures against the student.
- Smoking, chewing and spitting tobacco
products or pan masala, consumption of alcohol or narcotic drugs is strictly
prohibited inside the college premises. Violation of this rule will invite
disciplinary action. The college premises is a smoking free zone, respect it.
- Students must refrain from mishandling and
tampering with library books or college computer systems.
- The right to access Girl’s Common Room is
reserved to girls.
- A student shall not commit or cause breach
of peace inside and around the College campus.
- Students are prohibited from indulging in
games, even in small groups, anywhere in the College premises during lecture
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited.
Disciplinary action will be taken against those who violate this rule. It is
mandatory for all students and guardians to sign an affidavit in the pro forma
prescribed by the University of Calcutta related to ragging.